Flowers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chicken Pillows, Bar Soap Ands Ants

Everyone should be applauding because this post is dedicated to me being me again with a touch of humor. I hope you all enjoy!


One night at our apartment while Tatum was playing, Garrett and I were watching T.V. I looked at the time and realized I need to make dinner soon. I proceeded to go into the kitchen and look through my fridge, picking my brain trying to find something to make.  Realizing I had crescent rolls and cream cheese I thought, "Oh yummy lets do Chicken Pillows, oh wait but we don't have any chicken." thought of the next best thing, borrow some frozen chicken from my mom. I asked Garrett, "Hey I need to go crab some stuff at my mom's do you mind watching Tay?" Garrett sweetly responded, "No that's fine"  I grabbed the keys, walked out the door, got in the car and left.  I arrived at my mom's went upstairs, got Garrett's fan to help him sleep and pillows. Then went downstairs got some of Tay's toys, some food for her, a blender, and finally a Ziploc bag and put chicken in it.  Since I am not superwomen and don't have four arms I decided to use Garrett's pillow as a grocery sack so I could avoid making multiple trips.  When I got back home I toke everything out and started making dinner.  Chicken Pillows were finally ready and were delicious!

A few days later my mom came over.  She was sitting on the coach doing computer work and I was doing my normal routine. Well making the bed, I picked up Garrett's pillow.  I noticed their was something that felt rubbery in the very bottom in the corner.  As I pulled it out I saw a light pink almost fleshed, rubbery, dried up thing. I walked outside with this in the palm of my hand to show my mom  and watched her reaction while I was still in shock. She goes, "What is that?" Drum roll please, it was frozen chicken that had fallen out of the Ziploc bag from my mom's house and stayed in Garrett's pillow! Oops I must have not seen that! My mom and I started laughing for a good ten minutes.  Garrett is also very particular about his things which made this even better. How he didn't realize it for three days I do not know! That will always be a mystery.


I made Taco Soup and while I was eating I thought it was hotter then normal. We had company over the next day and before they arrived my mom was helping me make the Cheese soup. I was vacuuming real quick and I see my mom coming toward me. She showed me the cheese and informed me that their was jalapenos in it. Well duh no wonder it was hot! When she asked Garrett if I knew about that he said I don't ever read labels. (He doesn't either.) FYI I also got whole grain wheat thins instead of the really good kind. Grocery shopping and me struggle.


One day I walked into our room and asked Garrett, "Hey their is something that has been itching my upper back all day can you see what it is?" Garrett responds, "What the heck Brittany, how does that even happen?" My response, "What is it." Garrett, "It's a bar of soap." That is a very good question, I don't know how that happened. Possible I toke a bath and it stayed there???  In my defense not that I have one it was very thin. All I know is I almost wet my pants laughing so hard.



I saved the best for last in my opinion.  Garrett didn't have to go to work until later in the morning so I decided to make a big breakfast. Pancakes, eggs and muffins. Garrett was downing the pancakes faster then he could say one word.  He thought they were the best pancakes I had ever made.  After getting his made I sat down to eat mine.  While pouring the syrup out of the bowl I looked at the residue of the syrup. Me, "Garrett what are those black dots?" Garrett, "Oh my gosh that's disguising, those are ants." I once again die laughing and look in the bowl and bottle of syrup. Their was not just a couple, a few, a dozen their was a lot. That day we added a new item to the Sinclair menu, Ant syrup pancakes!

Everyone is probably thinking how does any of this happen. Well its happens to me all the time but I love it.  It makes me do my favorite thing, LAUGH! It makes my days brighter and happier. So if you ever think your having a bad day just ask yourself, "Did I have thawed out chicken in my pillow and sleep on it for three days, soap on my back or eats ants?" If the answer is no, then your having a great day and if yes you have the opportunity to laugh your heart out!


1 comment: